Perfect shotgun for starting kids

Bowguy 1

Remmington youth 870 for my petite little ballet daughter. Have shooting sticks for her to shoot off of. Currently set up for turkey with a Jellyhead tube but soon switching it out with an IC tube for slugs. She's only shot field loads thru it so far. While turkey hunting I stuff the good stuff. Going to get a Sims limb saver before she starts throwing slugs down range before youth deer season 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Remmington youth 870 for my petite little ballet daughter. Have shooting sticks for her to shoot off of. Currently set up for turkey with a Jellyhead tube but soon switching it out with an IC tube for slugs. She's only shot field loads thru it so far. While turkey hunting I stuff the good stuff. Going to get a Sims limb saver before she starts throwing slugs down range before youth deer season 

image.jpeg

Great pic!

• Like 1

image.jpeg

Is that the pink laminate with "shoot like a girl if you can" in the stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Is that the pink laminate with "shoot like a girl if you can" in the stock?

Yes, the limited edition from Gander. Bought it when she was only a few years old in hopes of her one day wanting to shoot and hunt. My hopes were answered 

• Like 2

Yes, the limited edition from Gander. Bought it when she was only a few years old in hopes of her one day wanting to shoot and hunt. My hopes were answered 

Haha, my daughter has one as well as the 522. I was on my way home from NC when I was in the service when my wife called and told me the ultra sound results that we were having a girl. I needed to pee and saw the gander sign so I swung in and they had them both sitting beside each other. Long story short I was a broke E3 with a kid on the way but got approved for my first and only credit card and I had 2 pink guns for my unborn daughter and another bill I didn't know how I was going to pay. That was nearly 10 years ago and she regularly shoots them both and it was all worth it.

• Like 4