Now I'm done!

Ok couldn't help myself...looking at all that short sorghum and corn ,tiny beans and hemp and tons of weeds....I mowed 3 different areas in the big field and then  went down and disced it up I then took some WW I had left over and hit 2 areas with that and dragged it all in ...I dragged the other area  and will go down tomorrow and throw more turnips in all of it. Rain is due tonight...then more rain rest of the week. ...So now I will hang the drag, scrub the tractor and Gator and get it all waxed before hunting season... Done Done Done! I'm doing the snoopy happy dance.....

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Good for you, Growie !!

I MAY be done also....Buckwheat is in waiting for the blessed RAIN, and I plan to let it and my clover do the work this fall.

I may have to mow the clover one more time, depending on weed growth, but that's only about a six hour job.

Except for the price of a tank of fuel for the diesel JD tractor, my expense is done for this year.

• Like 1

Checked one brassica plot, that was planted a week ago, and with the .5" of rain we got saturday morning, they were about an inch high yesterday afternoon. And luckily we got a good soaker this morning again so they all should be doing well. Only down fall is i didn't get 2 roll/cultipack my big plot even though the dirt was fairly even anyways.. just wish i could have rolled it in.. oh well a good heavy rain should help it. With broken machines i couldnt spread the Urea i "finally" bought for these plots lol. Might try to hand spread it tonight, weather providing..

Also spread some winter peas onto some recently disked dirt yesterday. In hopes that this rain today and the next few days will bury/germinate the seed, since my tractor and quad are both down for repairs i couldnt drag it in. I Leave for Vacation next week, so If not hopefully ill have them fixed and planted again(if failed) First of Sept. Then done.. Tired of breaking things this year, no time to fix with my recent wedding and vacation.. dang priorities lol

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 1