Awesome experience with a doe and fawn today

Rockspek

I have pictures and video but can't post them.  around 3 this afternoon my wife called me out of the office to point out a doe and fawn walking right through our yard.  We live in a residential area with woods behind us.  I watched and went back to work.  about a half hour later I went to grab a me card out of a cam in the back of our lot and I started to hear the fawn close by.  I have a ladder stand back there that I quickly got up into.  The doe walked out of the brush and then the fawn and they both started eating some plants.  The fawn curled up under my tree and took a nap while the doe kept eating.  Not once did they notice me and I think because of my residential setting any scent from me was normal.  It was just nice to get a chance to see them so close and see how they interact with each other.

• Like 9

Something the activist will never I repeat NEVER understand:  Hunters actually help the herd by keeping the numbers down and starvation to a minimum.  As a lover of the great whitetail deer I can say that observing them has been one of my most favorite things to do.  As a buck hunter (Just started to target doe the past few years for population control.) that has been one of the things I have always enjoyed was watching them without disturbance.  To say you can learn much this way is an understatement. 

Do we celebrate our kill yes but not many of us show the remorse of taking these beauties.  I hope to do that this year.  Nice pics, Rockspec, sounds like you had a great time watching them!  I cant seem to stop watching them when in view and studying them when they are not.

• Like 1