Absaroka wanderings

slickrockpack

lotta wolves this year which is nice, since we lifted that stupid lawsuit stopping our hunting seasons the last 3 years.

everything took a pounding from the hard winter

never ever has game and fish brought roll off dumpsters to our town so we could dump the dead deer in, it took several trips with several 30 yard dumpsters for us to clean up the yard.

bout a mile of our driveway washed out in floods they haven't seen in 50 years...twice! pita....I hired it fixed, I didn't feel like being in the equipment beating myself up. I had just gotten it right in the spring too...ticks me off, I hate nature, don't you? ;) 

I'll buy a genuine lead hobnail for anyone knows what that bug is next to the quarter.

those are a herd of elk and calves trying to cross the road right in the middle of town, damn fences screed them up. hate wire.

teepees are a new campground opened over in cody on the way to powell at the trout ranch, kinda neat.

16832324_10103187141155625_7081670167853122852_n.jpg

DSC00318 (2).JPG

20150319_132631.jpg

2017-08-28 00.23.26.jpg

i.jpg

g.jpg

c.jpg

20140067_10211717526966757_8243068645975500684_n.jpg

70836933 (2).jpg

Eight-Tipis.jpg

bbc res 4.jpg

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

several of your pictures are all over the internet. it's very easy to use google reverse image.

I'm not sure I understand your point. my $^#wit to english translator is broken.

try googling why the $%#^ would I share intimate photos on a website where I can't delete them after they are posted?

you do know what you post on here is out on the WORLD WIDE WEB...forever.  

DSC03221.JPG

deer fields (2).jpg

me too, especially the ones b the deck, keep hanging around wolfies Oct1 isn't far....

Cody enterprise story; folks are a couple miles from us.

Mike Darby was armed with a .45 when he approached the rogue mountain lion outside his house trying to kill and eat his dog.

“I shot it from about 3 feet away,” Darby said.

The late-night caper at Darby’s home Sunday night began with a surprise confrontation and ended with one dead beast and the happy survival of a family pet. But not without unexpected drama.

Given Darby was snoozing when the adventure started it all could have been mistaken for a dream, but the suspense was real.

At 11:30 p.m., Darby, a co-owner of the Irma Hotel and president of the Cody Stampede Board, was asleep in his home near Wapiti when his teen son Beau woke him to say he sensed something was going on outside.

Calls were shouted to Ringo, the 45-pound, 8-year-old family border collie, but the dog, which has its own swinging door entrance, did not come in.

Darby investigated and about a dozen steps from the back door saw Ringo embroiled in a life-and-death struggle with a mountain lion.

Darby asked Beau or wife Kim to get him a gun. He watched the animals rolling around in a struggle with the lion’s teeth grabbing at Ringo’s very furry neck.

Although wildlife, mule deer and often bears, inhabit the North Fork, people more rarely confront mountain lions in the Cody area.

“I see more eclipses than mountain lions,” Darby said.

At first he could not get a clear shot at the thrashing lion since it was totally focused on the dog.

So he warily stepped over and yanked on the lion’s tail in hopes of turning it over so he would not accidentally shoot Ringo.

That created a much better target and Darby fired one shot into the lion, then another. He squeeze off a third shot as a make-sure round.

Darby reported the kill to Game and Fish and the department sent a game warden to the house Monday morning.

After peace descended in the backyard, Darby looked the mountain lion over more closely and his off-the-cuff observation about the cat: “It was thin. But it seemed to have pretty good canine teeth.”

Official preliminary indications were the mountain lion “was a really emaciated old female,” G&F spokesman Dusty Lasseter said.

The attack was likely motivated by hunger.

The mountain lion’s body was shipped to a laboratory in Lander “to do some pathology,” Lasseter said.

Darby was within his rights to shoot the lion.

“In Wyoming you have the right to protect your property,” Lasseter said, “from mountain lions,  bears, wolves.”

“Mountain lions eating house cats is not that uncommon,” Lasseter said. “Mountain lions eating dogs is pretty rare. Generally speaking, they’re afraid of them and avoid them.” (this is the second dog attack in town this year)

The Darby mountain lion literally took on more than it could swallow.

Ringo has very thick hair around his neck and although the mountain lion drew blood, the wound was far from fatal.

The encounter did scare the heck out of the dog, however.

“He crawled underneath the bed and we couldn’t get him out,” Darby said.

59c2d0ec68d0d.image.jpg

59c2d10727208.image.jpg

59c2d12278cda.image.jpg

electricians found  trail cameras I had forgot about on one of the hitching posts next to the front deck. my eyes are going batty from flipping through 1,000s of photos, mostly of nothing. some are very fogged up full of water....  and a sleepy elk cow by the medical clinic in mammoth where we had lunch yesterday.

HUNT0849.JPG

HUNT0027 (2).JPG

DSC00038.JPG

Edited by slickrockpack

looking back on this thread I don't see any photos other than the obvious newspaper ones that aren't ours, so bizro world can go Westchester himself, you're an expert apparently only in your own little neighborhood pal.

coon photos on the abandoned trail camera, they are not found here but started showing up a few years go, some say hunters from back east in iowa brought them to run with their coonhounds. like many critters here we can shoot them trap them no license needed no closed season like fox, coyote jackrabbit, etc

HUNT0003.JPG

wife trying to sight in her new rifle and scope, but pronghorn herds keep running up to see whats going on, curious to a fault they are.

headed over Turkeyfeathers brother's way to make some deliveries to friends and family now that the roads are open. grizz, bison, moose, deer, bighorns, elk, ....the usual nice ride.

2017-09-28 04.15.27.jpg

2017-09-28 04.13.45.jpg

2017-09-28 04.14.50.jpg

2017-09-28 04.14.13.jpg

20170919_185357.jpg

28 minutes ago, slickrockpack said:

looking back on this thread I don't see any photos other than the obvious newspaper ones that aren't ours, so bizro world can go Westchester himself, you're an expert apparently only in your own little neighborhood pal.

I found a few that were from different sources too, some from the local news paper and some from Yellowstones facebook page and a few from another source.

• Like 1

didn't I just say the obvious newspaper ones... even though they are taken in my front yard.

no one in ny ever took a photo of the empire state building or the statue of liberty and said here, this is ny/ theres a lot of dummies in the world.

let's go gut shoot turkeys and drink zima

Edited by slickrockpack

Cody Ice Festival Retweeted

kZqLwquW_bigger.jpeg Cody/Yellowstone @CodyYellowstone May 19
More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

These skyscrapers are more our style in Cody/Yellowstone Country. #thatsWY http://www.yellowstonecountry.org/offers  Photo by Alex B.pic.twitter.com/ZnGal2DJ7b

DAOnM1vWsAAnOjn.jpg
0 replies 4 retweets 17 likes
Retweet
Retweeted

Liked

5 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Cody Ice Festival Retweeted

kZqLwquW_bigger.jpeg Cody/Yellowstone @CodyYellowstone May 19
More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

These skyscrapers are more our style in Cody/Yellowstone Country. #thatsWY http://www.yellowstonecountry.org/offers  Photo by Alex B.pic.twitter.com/ZnGal2DJ7b

DAOnM1vWsAAnOjn.jpg
0 replies 4 retweets 17 likes
Retweet
Retweeted

Liked

again, same main street, where do you you think I live?  do you see my Copyright on them? another moron.

Edited by slickrockpack

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, slickrockpack said:

a year has passed almost tot he day, I must black out, where did it go what did I do?

well, what passed was a pretty crappy year, I outlived all my children now, my parents, uncles aunts, brothers and sisters, was a year of crappy days really.

at the peak of trapping season we got  snowstorm that took some lives, record snow that has never been seen in over 100 years. back in northern NY it would have been a not bad winter but here where they don't own snowplows, shovels or snowblowers it was a damn wreck.

waaaayyyyy back in the Shoshone drainage where the river is born there are talus slopes the grizzlies feed on, army cutworm moths I think they are called, little balls of fat for the bears, there were 15 grizzlies feeding on the slope and I was just sitting there next to a moose feeding watching the bears and wham I was sick to my stomach.

15 miles in by foot and I have food poisoning....but it wasn't it was a blood clot hitting my heart,

heart attack.

perfect.

I made it out in agony I have never felt before and I've been shot and stabbed a lot, this topped them all.

and then, 4 more followed over the year, lotta surgeries and limited mobility.

I'm looking for photos from this past summer and I don't have much I don't think you've seen before

DSC02733.JPG

13173170_841834572612166_5838158319680556049_o.jpg

big grizz.jpg

grizz npping.jpg

grizz moth eating.jpg

sleeping bear on snow.jpg

DSC03790 (6).JPG

All of these are copy and pasted, some from Yellowstone again and some from this site, http://www.panoramio.com/user/1456061

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

Yea Ok. Im sure the photogs are happy to share their images, no reason to rip them off and claim they are yours. Its just strange man.

Exactly. I’m Glad you exposed this clown.

And to answer the OP’s question, no I don’t post other people’s photos without giving due credit.