WMU 4P

ryan

Farms gone in most of the unit. Has reverted to Forrest. Deer suffered from the past bad winters and yotes. DEC says no 2 1/2 year old bucks. Makes sense from what I saw the past year. 

Good news is lots of public land especially DEP that almost no one hunts. Been hunting the unit for 43 years. If you get a good one you most likely earned it.

Good luck!!

Terrible. Saw no bucks. Very disappointing because the year before 2014-2015 we saw bucks every day and I got a eight. The year before I got a six. I have a good buck on camera right now and on a scouting mission I found were a huge one is hiding in a remote area. The same area I killed two good bucks in the past. 

Put the time in now and during the season and you will increase your chances. Don't over look public property. There are deer on public land and most areas are not hard hunted. I go in at dark and come home in dark. Some sitting mostly on opening weekend but all walking after that.

I keep records and have killed half of my bucks on the last weekend. No one hunts after thanksgiving. The locals wait for black powder and shoot everything they see with "black powder rifles". The new poaching season. They get a ML tag for everyone they know and small bucks are killed "at their brother in laws place" outside the three point rule.

My crew gets doe tags and throw them away. The doe population do not merit doe tags in my area in my opinion. 

If a local really needs the meat I would never criticize them. But the ones I see shooting the deer are not starving.

Happy hunting and good luck!!!