Sweat equity paying off

Buckmaster7600

Last year I went to a local farmer asking permission to hunt I told him I'm willing to help however I can to gain permission he told me the only help he needed was driving silage truck but I couldn't do that because I didn't have a CDL and that he didn't let anyone hunt his land. Last winter I used my GI bill and went to a trucking school to acquire my class a Cdl luckily it didn't cost me anything but time. Well this spring I went back to him and told him I had acquired my Cdl and if he ever needed help to give me a call. I have been chopping hay on my days off whenever he needed me and corn the last couple weeks. I haven't asked him for permission again because I wanted to give him time and I really don't need another place to hunt but am always looking. Well this morning he rode with me out to the field and told me that I could hunt the 500 acre chunk that we were chopping and to treat it as my own and thanked me over and over for helping him when he needed it.

Back story- I grew up up working on dairy farms and have been driving silage truck for a long time but never had my CDL so I didn't just get it for him and am glad I have it as I can help my grandfather who has a dump truck but is trying to slow down.

I enjoy the work and get a lot of days off because I'm on a 12hr schedule at my real job.

The land is out there guys you have to work to get access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12