Little range work tonight

turkeyfeathers

Solid day off. Went with a buddy to check his stands this afternoon and help move one. A new woods to explore is always fun I like the positioning of stands per what I saw and what he described the deer do.

Came home to a delightful crock pot of BBQ venison roast for sammiches.

Daughter and I went to range nearby and fine tuned her youth 870 with a borrowed slug barrel from Buckmaster7600 ( thank you again sir )

Daughter fired these 6 at 50 yards off my Caldwell bag First 4 were slow fire single shots and then had her fire and rack a second for the 5th and 6th. I dropped it down a couple of inches as 50 yards will be her comfortable max Gun was bore sighted at 100. Both now very comfortable with her and the gun.

Fired 5 rounds thru 30-40 Krag. Dang , Wildcatjunkie , spot on. That front sight ain't easy to see. 5 rounds covering little larger than frisbee. I'm going to put a dab of white out on the front sight. Don't want to make any permanent changes to this gun. Can always wipe off whiteout Maybe that'll help. No pic taken , it wasn't good lol

6 rounds thru 1978 Super Blackhawk .44 mag at 50 yards. Standing with standard 2 handed hold. I'm pretty happy with results. Getting comfortable shooting it. Few more times and I maybe ready to take into the woods. Pic for this is second target pic.

f09837d49951991d24f858ee2ccdc45c.jpg6420c976669792d44634f3e6d4718a28.jpg12ffd2efac37df638e89ec9eb3d15879.jpgefd628b6b8b6405797e45f3b1a8623ab.jpg347cb36e1a794365ddbbef5af51ade8c.jpg

• Like 1

Yea 50yds that ain't bad! I have a few Blackhawks and with hand loading and a little tinkering they will shoot way better than the shooter. With pistols I shoot 5 rounds with a rest in between shots at 10 Yd intervals the first shot that is out of a 4" circle is 10yds further than my max. My glock 20 10mm that's 40yds my Blackhawks its 60. From a rest I will stretch them a little further but not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1