What is your favorite smoothbore shotgun slug ammo for deer

LJC

The same can be said of people seeing guys take 500 yard shots with rifles so what's your point ? Or 100 yard shots with a bow ?  I can hit a plate size target every time at 70 yards with my smoothbore. It's more then I need why do you think many parks  and parts of the country want you   using  only shotguns  if they  were so bad inhumane no park would let you use them obviously .  Btw  law inforcement  use them to. 
So the thing about  bad acuracy is overblown.  You don't need sub 1 inch group to kill a deer  besides every hunter needs  to test the capabilities of their gun and skills before they  use them in the field that should be obvious.  Who hunts with out first testing out there gun for acuracy first . Just common sense  .
If you cant  hit a target at 70 yards don't hunt at 70 yards that simple .
Be it shotgun hand gun rifle or what ever you plan on using . You have to test out you  equipment first.

Hey! I made a perfect heart shot on my Antelope a couple weeks ago at 505 yards with my .300 Weatherby with custom loaded rounds by yours truly. I resent your downtalking of my excellent marksmanship with my Sub-MOA rifle out to over 500 yards with tons of juice still left in my round

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eagle rider said:

LE uses slug and 00 buck for different reasons. Slug more so breaching because its more focused energy. At least that's was our patrol guide. Buckshot would be clearing a building for an active shooter or defensively at a barricaded suspect scene. Distances tend to be much closer. There are so many M4 carbines in use now and specialty teams available the use of patrol tactical weapons are really not at all common these days.

Unfortunately I don't think that all of use practice our shooting enough or even as much as we can. For many reasons likely. Time is probably the biggest reason. Look I'm not trying to disrespect you at all for using what you choose to. I just don't get it when better tools of the trade are more available now. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hunting in a shotgun zone the main reason . But from practice and experience I know I don't need anything else for the ranges I know  I'm going to be shooting at know  more then  60 /70 yards  .  I just like my shotgun.  When I hunt caskills I do sometimes bring out the rifles depends like to change things up sometimes.  But even there most shots I take are close anyway . You got guys hunting with hand guns  and AR's

And other low calibers I see hunting with all the time  Lol 

So its just personally preference and how dead you want your deer to be lol  

Hey! I made a perfect heart shot on my Antelope a couple weeks ago at 505 yards with my .300 Weatherby with custom loaded rounds by yours truly. I resent your downtalking of my excellent marksmanship with my Sub-MOA rifle out to over 500 yards with tons of juice still left in my round

Just like with a bow someone that spends the time practicing and refining their equipment is more ethical at 2 or 3 times the distance of someone who puts in minimal effort. Like a certain person on here that sights in a gun "shooting at stumps."

• Like 1

Just like with a bow someone that spends the time practicing and refining their equipment is more ethical at 2 or 3 times the distance of someone who puts in minimal effort. Like a certain person on here that sights in a gun "shooting at stumps."

Well shooting at stumps is ok if they are marked and the shooter judges their hits vs the aim point on the stump

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

God bless 

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

God bless you to, my friend. 

I notice you seem to be the best at everything on here . :taunt: