Time to get serious....

growalot

Are they eating both tops and bulbs? Sounds like you have had a freeze in your area with sugar building. We have not had a killing frost as of yet. I would say spotty, yes. Acres of corn that came up late July, because of the drought  is still green and growing in the same field with ripe, ready for picking ears.  The oats have been eaten on my Radish oat mix but still have plenty of heads showing, unlike last year when they were gone. Radish have been touched very little to this point. Acreage the same. Deer have visited the clover, but many blossoms still showing, unlike last year. Bucks don't even seem to interested in doe at this point, here. Usually, we have chasing going on by now. Maybe this cooler spell will set wheels in motion here.

That buck should be better tasting than the one you shot last season.

Oh, and I'm not worried,  just stating for informational purposes, LOL.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

We've had 4 frosts 2 were hard enough to take out garden plants, tops of the hemp and yellow the turnip tops...they are nibbling bulbs and pulling smaller ones...but to be honest,I have turnips bigger that the tea kettle on our stove! Those Hercules are the biggest dang things I've ever seen...I can't imagine what they'd look like had I hit them with nitrogen...I'll have to plant a "fixer" in there this spring. It will take them several days to eat just one!

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1