Quickest Hunt I've Ever Had

Elmo

I took my dad out 2 years ago and put him in a chair at the edge of a field. I had a scent wick on my boot with doe in heat urine. The wind was blowing from the woods I sit in towards the field I park in. He said as I started walking down the trail to my stand a 4 point trotted around my truck with his nose to the ground and made a direct line from my truck to his chair. I had walked all the way with the scent pad on my boot. I was halfway down the 100 yard trail to my stand when there were 3 shots and I went back out into the field to see a dead 4 point maybe 5 feet from my dad. He followed that trail in like a dog on a cable run. Right to my dad's chair. Couldn't have been more than 5 minutes after leaving the truck. His tracks were maybe 20' from my bright red ford ranger parked in the center of a cut corn field. 

• Like 1

Elmo way to go! First bow buck awesome. I agree with the others that it is a 1.5 year old with broken off antlers. Which as grow said as anything under 3 inches has to be tagged with an antler less tag. It's not a doe tag. I had to burn a buck tag a few years ago on a doe with a 3.5 inch hair covered spike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1