Nikon Bolt XR

ApexerER

So I made a last second swap of my stock Barnett 4x32 scope to the Nikon Bolt XR. Just figured I would post for anyone looking to upgrade their crossbow scope that this scope is excellent. It makes the Barnett 4x32 that actually gets fairly decent reviews and was one of the reasons I chose the Barnett over the PSE Fang look like it belongs on a childs toy. Nikons spot-on app lets you choose the bolt you are using, enter your FPS and broad head weight and it will calculate yardage based on those parameters. I found them to be exact which was another awesome feature. The only negative review I found on the scope (not from me) was that it is not lighted. I don't see any need for this after spending two hours with it yesterday at the range. Everything is perfectly clear. Maybe if our hunting laws were half hour before and after sunrise like some states but I think even then I would be fine. I am dialed in at 20, 30, 45 and 60 yds. Couldn't be happier with this purchase. Now if I can just find a deer to try it out on this weekend!

• Like 1