Help a guy out

chas0218

So I have been hunting this one buck nice tall 130"+ with split g2's, No good trail cam pictures but he has been chasing a doe around the property. Last night he was over by this small pond area I don't usually hunt because the landowner usually hunts that area during gun season. He has a food plot on the other side of this hill to the south of me he hunts for bow. I have saw this buck once and managed to get a shot off but hit a ghost branch I couldn't see just before sunset causing a clean miss. I have been hunting the area pretty hard but with good wind so the doe or buck shouldn't know I am around. I am considering moving a little to the south in hopes he runs past me or something but I will have no ground hunt over tall golden rod I do have an old climber, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking of grabbing my very heavy climber and throwing it up just to get a possible shot at this big buck. I was thinking of heading to my father's property for one last hooray but knowing this big guy is still around and chasing I want to give it a shot this weekend possibly. I will be over there tonight with a SE wind I am hoping my buddy hunts his bow spot as the wind will be blowing right towards where the deer were last night.

Edited by chas0218

Make your move soon because peak rut may take that buck miles away from your hunting area. If he's running does then you need to stay downwind of the does. He will scent check their bedding zones from downwind. That's when you leave an estrous scent drag right past your stand and sit tight. Don't be afraid to hunt from the ground as long as you don't disrupt the does.
Good luck

• Like 1

Because the rut is close and chasing has begun anything can happen!  A good drag line sounds awesome and could pull him in.  Some doe in heat calls could seal the deal if they are not on a hot doe already.  

Use your climber if you can, it will keep your scent up high and limit them seeing you up close. 

Good luck, hope you get him!  Or the other brute that will show up!!!