Wireless Bushnell Trophy Cam works great!!

Deerthug

10 minutes ago, virgil said:

Is this the one that texts/emails you when you get a picture?

Yes. Or it uploads to your Bushnell online account. There is also an App for either Android or Apple phone that you can get notifications as opposed to emails and texts. I prefer the App because I noticed that I get notifications quicker than from emails/texts. I was actually sitting in my office on LI when I got the above picture.  

Edited by Deerthug

It's Relatively expensive. I got it at Field & Stream for about $350.00 with tax. But that's with a $30 coupon I had from Dicks which they accepted. But if you think about it, the cost of traveling up to the property, gas, etc... twice a month, this will certainly save me some money in the long run.  You can also check on the status of the camera, change settings, and check batteries all through the app or the website.  

I would think with the holidays coming up, they may drop the prices somewhat, but I needed the camera as my other one died on me and was out of warranty. So rather than dealing with customer service and paying to send it to Bushnell and pay for the repairs, I pulled the trigger so to speak. 

Edited by Deerthug
  • Like 1

Agreed- it's expensive up front, but a lot more practical if you live far from your hunting land.  I've just always found trail cameras to be unreliable.  I buy at least two or three new ones every year and find that too many of them don't work.  Just this past year, I bought three cuddybacks from cabelas.  Only one of them works at all.

2 hours ago, buffalojay83 said:

Is this the one with the monthly data plan that you need?

Yes. They give you the first month free and then you can sign up for different plans starting at $10 for 1500 thumbnails, $20 for 3000 etc .  And the best part is you can stop and restart the plan at any time without penalty. It comes with a built in SIM card and once you register it on their website it's ready to go.  The only caveat with this cell camera as with all others, is that you need to have at least 3 bars of service in the area you plan on putting the camera. But mine's been working on 2 bars so far....

4 hours ago, virgil said:

Agreed- it's expensive up front, but a lot more practical if you live far from your hunting land.  I've just always found trail cameras to be unreliable.  I buy at least two or three new ones every year and find that too many of them don't work.  Just this past year, I bought three cuddybacks from cabelas.  Only one of them works at all.

My sentiments exactly. It's not worth it to me to travel 2 + hours each way every other weekend just to check cams. Using this one I can tell what comes through and whether I need to change the batteries or if the car is full. With Lithium Ion Batteries it could last upwards of 8 months to a year without changing them.  I always had Bushnells and I swear by them.