Stealth Strips

I picked up a set of Lone Wolf climbing sticks and heard that Stealth Strips would significantly dampen any metal-to metal contact.  Wow, you can chalk that up as an understatement!  This micro-suede camo is as soft as stroking my Lab's ear.  Total install time was about 10-15 minutes per stick and fairly simple.

The strap buckles are beefy so I covered those with some bicycle inner tube.  Overall, I couldn't be happier with this setup.  Big-time difference versus leaving the naked metal exposed.

20161111_233748.jpg

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 1

I have the same setup with the stealth strips.  It is much quieter.  I just got the stick quiver this year and it works great- even with the stealth strips.  I saw alot of reviews about it being cheaply made, but it has worked fine for me so far.  I like it much better than stacking the sticks- much lower profile, quicker and easier than dicking around trying to get them to stack and then secure to the stand.  

Lone wolf with stick quiver.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rachunter said:

Are you using the new ladder quiver? I have an origanal lone wolf the sticks stack one on top of the other not very balanced on you back. 

No, I passed on the quiver and opted to bungee the stick stack onto the stand.  You can easily McGuyver something for less than the $40 the quiver costs.  I also have the option of leaving the stand in one spot so there will be times where the sticks only will be carried.