Happy Ending lol

shooter

Well a very happy ending to a very frustrating and unsuccessful bow season. Shot this bear at my camp in WMU 9T on 11/17/16 In Cattaraugus Co. Town of Portville On a afternoon hunt. After a very long and frustrating and unsuccessful bow season back home, it was time to head to my camp for the gun opener. I headed down Thursday morning got settled into camp. My plans were to get a few more bow hunts in before the season closed at sunset on Friday before the gun opener. Rushing to get things unpacked, get settled in and go pick out my tree for my climber for the afternoon hunt I managed to get into the stand by 3:30pm. It was one of those afternoons that everything just seemed right. After only being in the stand a half hour this fella worked his way right to me and presented me with a 20 yd. broadside shot. The hit was solid and I watched him take off. I waited until dark to get down. Saw that there was pretty good blood and marked the direction he ran off to. I backed out as I wanted to get some more light and by now other friends had showed up to camp. I headed back to camp, told my story to others gave it another hour and headed back in to track him. It was a solid blood trail and found him 150 yds. away from where I shot him. The rage 2" Hypodermic's did a number on him!! He ended up weighing in at 165 lbs.

Needless to say it brought a very happy ending to my uneventful bow season and allowed me to close the season out with a bang!! I will be doing a full mount of him.

Thanks for listening :) 

DSCN8276.JPG

DSCN8275.JPG

DSCN8284.JPG

DSCN8272.JPG

DSCN8270.JPG

DSCN8273.JPG

DSCN8274.JPG

• Like 7