This year's rut

DanielT

This is one mans humbled opinion after many years in the woods and reading.. It seems to be a proven fact that the majority of breeding takes place Nov 15th and varies little year to year, weather plays s part on how active we think the deer are but the breeding goes on regardless.. This is backed up by studies of conception of thousands of does sand years of reasearch ..

My personal observation over the years is the first week is simply the best time to hunt then the deer hit a wall and shut down, then about a week later things seem to pick back up with feeding on the agenda but rarely encounter big bucks mostly 1 1/2s and does ..

Also keep in mind the date of opening day changes every year, next year it will fall on the 18th a day earlier than this year..

I have never understood the thought process of the DEC as gun season is supposed to in the heart of the rut and is actually the tail end then over.. I have always wished gun season opened a week earlier and closed a week earlier..

Just my perspective and two beans..

• Like 1

This is one mans humbled opinion after many years in the woods and reading.. It seems to be a proven fact that the majority of breeding takes place Nov 15th and varies little year to year, weather plays s part on how active we think the deer are but the breeding goes on regardless.. This is backed up by studies of conception of thousands of does sand years of reasearch ..
My personal observation over the years is the first week is simply the best time to hunt then the deer hit a wall and shut down, then about a week later things seem to pick back up with feeding on the agenda but rarely encounter big bucks mostly 1 1/2s and does ..
Also keep in mind the date of opening day changes every year, next year it will fall on the 18th a day earlier than this year..
I have never understood the thought process of the DEC as gun season is supposed to in the heart of the rut and is actually the tail end then over.. I have always wished gun season opened a week earlier and closed a week earlier..
Just my perspective and two beans..

I totally agree...every year my best pics with alot of movement are the same exact week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1