What does anyone think about a 10 gauge

10 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

Is it designed to shoot steel shot? Most old fixed choke barrels are not.

By the time the BPS was first marketed,  Most shotgun barrels were designed to handle steel shot except perhaps some target models.. Anything made after '63 or perhaps '64 would be fine with steel...  I wouldn't shoot steel out of my Belgian A-5 made in the 50s, however...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Larry said:
10 hours ago, Larry said:

I also had a 10ga single shot slug gun. I kill a few deer with it I even kill one without hitting it. The 1 3/4 oz. slug was close enough that the shock wave as it passed killed it.

I also had a 10ga single shot slug gun. I kill a few deer with it I even kill one without hitting it. The 1 3/4 oz. slug was close enough that the shock wave as it passed killed it.

Yeah, Larry, you don't ruin any meat that way..

That story reminds me of the way I used to hunt squirrels before I had my cosmetic surgery.

I'd sneak up REAL close to a squirrel and then jump out and look him right in the eye..I was so ugly that the squirrel would take one look at me and drop over dead.

I used to take my ex-wife squirrel hunting with me, but I finally had to quit taking her..

She TORE  'em UP  too bad.....

• Like 3

Dan... The recoil from my H&R 10 is different feel then a rifle round. The rifle is more of a hard quick slap.... The 10ga is more of a push.. and push it does. It will move you. You dont fight it you have to be relaxed and roll with it. Good stance, lean into it amd it has picked my front foot up. Its fun to take to the trap range. Everyone gives you strange looks, everyone wants to shoot it but only the few brave do, and it brakes birds.. no substitue for more lead!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk