Yotes Making Some Noise

DirtTime

Just took the dog out, yotes were making a racket in the ravine behind the park across the road. The only time I have heard them closer in the past 6 months was when they found the dead doe left on the side of the road ( hit by a vehicle I believe ) about a 1/4 mile away, that was something to listen too. I hear them romping the fields around the mountain I hunted last fall, usually between 10 PM and 3 AM. Not sure what they were after tonight that brought them into a fairly populated area, maybe the possum population just got taken down by a few. Sounded like 50 closing from tho directions, so I would say maybe 5-8 in reality. Still not used to hearing them on a regular basis from my home. 

Back in my serious coon hunting days there was nothing more creepy than sitting alone in the middle of the night in the woods and having a pack of Coyotes let loose with their howling, makes the hair on your neck stand up. Many times they would hear my Hounds running a track and that would get them fired up and sometimes they would come in to the Hounds and try to make trouble. I would always have a good gritty Airedale running with the hounds so any trouble making Coyotes got more than they bargained for if they tried starting any crap and messing around with the dogs.

Al

Edited by airedale

10 hours ago, PREDATE said:

There's a good chance that 2 packs from different territories happened to meet up and a score had to be settled.
The breeding season will be ramping up soon and they will be more territorial than ever.

They did sound irritated, but I'm still learning all the different sounds they make for their mood ( for lack of a better phrasing ).

They don't bother me much hearing them light up at a distance, still a bit creepy, but I agree airdale, when they light up close it's enough make you almost make a mess in your tidy whitees.