More Classic Turn of the Century Guns on TV

I've been watching AMC's "Son". In the last episode I saw a curious looking auto loading rifle that I could not identify. I did some Google searching and found it to be a Winchester Model 1905.

Later in the episode there was an ambush scene & low & behold I saw a Krag. All told, I could identify 1 M-1905 Winchester, 2 Krags, 1 M-1895 Winchester and a Vickers machine gun on the "Gringo" side. It appeared that some of the Mexicans were using M-1893 Spanish Mausers. Of course there were other lever actions employed, but the M-1895 was the only one I could identify because of its unique magazine. The scene was supposed to be taking place in 1915.

23 hours ago, wolc123 said:

That is a pretty good show.  I have been getting back into levers lately and actually starting watching it after seeing one in the previews.   I have the last episode on dvr and will be sure to look for that auto when I watch it.   

Watch closely during the ambush firefight and you'll see the 1895 Winchester lever action. It is a fleeting glimpse, but you can identify it by the stack magazine in front of the trigger guard. I wonder if that one was chambered in 30/40 Krag too. They were chambered in 30/40 as well as 30-06

The Model 1905 auto loader shows up in several scenes.

Edited by wildcat junkie

It looked like the Texas rangers were firing Colt Walker .44 revolvers at the Commanchi's and Eli in one of the "flashback" scenes.  All of the guns look to be pretty accurate for the times (1848 and 1915).   They must have some pretty good tech advisers on that show.    

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 5:08 PM, wolc123 said:

It looked like the Texas rangers were firing Colt Walker .44 revolvers at the Commanchi's and Eli in one of the "flashback" scenes.  All of the guns look to be pretty accurate for the times (1848 and 1915).   They must have some pretty good tech advisers on that show.    

The only bogus thing I noticed was the 1905 self loader recoiled noticeably firing wimpy WSL (Winchester Self Loading cartridges while the Krags, most likely firing heavy recoiling 220gr bullets, had no perceptible recoil.

1 hour ago, wildcat junkie said:

The only bogus thing I noticed was the 1905 self loader recoiled noticeably firing wimpy WSL (Winchester Self Loading cartridges while the Krags, most likely firing heavy recoiling 220gr bullets, had no perceptible recoil.

Yes I noticed that as well.