Where would you go?

ATbuckhunter

Im new to fly fishing and I was wondering where would you suggest I go first...the Neversink, the Beaverkill or the Willowemoc? I wont be able to get our until i finish up my exams in late may, if that might change things. I was thinking the beaverkill or Willow since they stock it heavily and could use as many dumb fish as I could get while I'm starting out. I'm planing on going to some fly shops and asking them, but I thought why not ask here as well. I also wouldnt be apposed to hitting some streams in westchester and putnum county. 

Im new to fly fishing and I was wondering where would you suggest I go first...the Neversink, the Beaverkill or the Willowemoc? I wont be able to get our until i finish up my exams in late may, if that might change things. I was thinking the beaverkill or Willow since they stock it heavily and could use as many dumb fish as I could get while I'm starting out. I'm planing on going to some fly shops and asking them, but I thought why not ask here as well. I also wouldnt be apposed to hitting some streams in westchester and putnum county. 

Can't you hit em all in one trip? I'm planning to do that soon I drive through there a lot but haven't built in time to fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Can't you hit em all in one trip? I'm planning to do that soon I drive through there a lot but haven't built in time to fish

I was also thinking about hitting them all since they are all close to each other. Especially the willowmac and beaferkill. Maybe ill see you out there one day! 

• Like 1

Beaverkill Report:

05/07/17 The stream levels are too high to wade safely in any section of the Beaverkill. All you
can do is fish from the banks. There are a few places you can do that with some opportunity.
Keep in touch with us. We will keep you informed. The hatches slowed down some due to the
cooler weather but will take off again.

http://www.perfectflystore.com/fly-fishing-beaverkill.html

Beaverkill also has no-kill zones to be aware of.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Beaverkill Report:

05/07/17 The stream levels are too high to wade safely in any section of the Beaverkill. All you
can do is fish from the banks. There are a few places you can do that with some opportunity.
Keep in touch with us. We will keep you informed. The hatches slowed down some due to the
cooler weather but will take off again.

http://www.perfectflystore.com/fly-fishing-beaverkill.html

Beaverkill also has no-kill zones to be aware of.

Appreciate it! I knew there was no kill section, but not exactly where. 

17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

As I was driving by last week I watched a guy hook up from Rt 17! I wanted to jam on the brakes and watch lol

Must have been a nice fish in order for you to see it when your driving. 

14 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Pretty easy really, rod bent, fish splashing on surface

I haven't been driving for all that long, so I still tend to watch the road more then the fisherman lol. If you ever decide to go fishing sometime in the next month in a half I certainly wouldn't mind joining a more experienced trout fisherman if you wouldn't mind that is. 

I haven't been driving for all that long, so I still tend to watch the road more then the fisherman lol. If you ever decide to go fishing sometime in the next month in a half I certainly wouldn't mind joining a more experienced trout fisherman if you wouldn't mind that is. 

If I get down there I'll hit you up for sure
  • Like 1