Went to tractor supply.....

growalot

They had an 8 pack of 10 ft. rachet straps for 20.00 dollars...but in the clearance bin they had deer deterent kits...they come with 4 green plastic wick canisters and a bottle of repellent...they were marked down to 3.49. I bought 2 kits giving me 8 wick bottles with wicks for deer lure scent...I bought several different brands on sale after Christmas. Also with the rest of Gander points I had. I'll find a use for the repellent next year.

One thing I did notice was two predominate and separate displays of whole corn and both were pretty low. I'd bet their bigest profit is from that and dog food each year...

FYI - A proven DIY deer deterrent method is to hang dryer sheets and refresh them with a spray bottle as needed. All the local apple farmers used these with great success, until the DEC forbid this practice, for whatever reason. Assuming the DEC would rather issue permits to kill the deer than simply allow farmers to keep them out of the orchards. Must be some logic involved...?

Maybe they were afraid of the deer eating the sheet....I read an article about an army base deer ...may have been from water town,not sure.....any ways it was killed and when guttefld an 8 ft parachute was found in its stomach. Appaently it started eating it and  then forced to finish the whole thing or choke to death.

Any how not worried about deterents but less than a buck each for those green plastic scent bottles with wicks was a steal.