sorta sad...maybe

growalot

I went down to lime the oak flats plot area and looked down to see red fur...It was scat but packed in red fur. Well we don't have red rabbits and the fur wasn't red squirrel...look to be fawn...I'm hoping the feral red Tabby I keep seeing over the last few years I should actually say orange/ red...I haven't seen an carcasses...but if it was taken to a den I probably wouldn't

It was last year I think and I was walking home from a hunt at dusk...I had watched a feral cat hunting in my corn plot most of the afternoon...actually hoping he'd kill one of the squirrel stripping the corn. Well didn't that cat step out in front of me walking up the road...All of a sudden an owl swooped over my head and hit that cat from behind ...it was a short scream then silence as it wrapped it's wings around it...I just stood there yelling wow in my head...It then started hopping wings still down around the cat...he hopped it off the road to the culvert and I walked by...Wild how fast he killed that cat