One buck or two?

johnplav

Like many others, Im seeing larger than average deer in greater numbers.  Im seeing several bachelor groups each night.  What are your thoughts on these pics... Id be happy enough if this is one deer, but Im having trouble not thinking its 2 studs traveling together.  Regardless... I hope he sticks around until Oct.

image3.PNGimage1.PNGimage2.PNG

Edited by johnplav

Biz welcome to bowhunting!  I hunted rifle for 15 years, got a bow 5 years ago and that's pretty much all I use now.  Completely different experience.  It can be heartbreaking the first few times you have a big buck just out of arrow range, but the deer behavior you get to see and the sheer number of deer can be incredible.  And my favorite part - zero meat loss on a lung/heart shot deer. 

12 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Biz welcome to bowhunting!  I hunted rifle for 15 years, got a bow 5 years ago and that's pretty much all I use now.  Completely different experience.  It can be heartbreaking the first few times you have a big buck just out of arrow range, but the deer behavior you get to see and the sheer number of deer can be incredible.  And my favorite part - zero meat loss on a lung/heart shot deer. 

Yea, thx. It will be like xbow which I have done since 2011 (PA) but even better with the extra month.

Yea I have a crossbow too... comes in handy when the deer are all grouped up in December and you're trying to draw your bow with a dozen eyes and ears on you.  Also, you'll have a lot more fun practicing and shooting targets with a compound.  Shooting bullseye after bullseye with a x-bow gets boring pretty quick.