My new Camp Chef Smoker Pro

Deerthug

I have been looking to get into smoking after watching several episodes of Steve Rachlin Up In Smoke episodes so I did some research. I've looked at just getting an electric smoker and was leaning towards a Bradley smoker pro which was running about $300 to $350.

So today I took a trip with my better half to F & S to look at the Bradley smoker which they had in stock. However, I stumbled upon the Traeger elite pro series grill and smoker which I have read got some great reviews. But the price tag was upwards of $800.

Standing behind the Traeger was a Camp Chef Smoker Pro. Electric pellet fed. I quickly looked up the reviews on the Camp Chef. It got better reviews than the Traeger. After about 10 minutes of reading 4-5 star reviews I pulled the trigger and bought the Camp Chef for about $500. Just finished seasoning it. Looking forward to smoking and grilling some nice chunks of meat.

10ab1853188d17cb6c7530b214abb5bc.jpg

5552cdc9e464107ddba3fbcbff56659e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

She's a beauty !!   Have fun with her  

Few tips   Poultry ,little outer layer of mayo  Will make it juicier and rub to adhere better      pork , yellow mustard      can't taste either condiment as it cooks off.  I personally felt overwhelmed when getting my smoker. It's easy peasy   You really can't oversmoke anything and tough to botch things up.  Try the smoked almonds or cashews I've post up a few times. Amazingly good. Sautee nuts in butter and dry rub ( used Dizzy pig coffee rub other day)  Put nuts in metal collindar or make a tinfoil boat and smoke for a couple of hours. Post up some smokey goodness on the "whats for dinner thread" when you get it fired up  Smoked deviled eggs are great. Think I'll throw something on mine tomorrow 

• Like 1