Doing Up Some Arrows

My gun room-man cave-office-computer room is pretty cramped for space so efficient use of the space it has is paramount. One of the best space savers I have come across is the Frankford Arsenal loading stand, it has a small foot print and can be easily moved around the room for use or to get it out of the way. I have two loading presses mounted on it, whatever press I use can be made available by just spinning the stand around. Fold down leafs can be raised up so components are readily available. One of the presses is a Lee Turret and it is mounted using the quick change Lee bench plate system held by four screws. It is nice because you can switch out and use any type of Lee loading tool along with anything else that has to be mounted firmly using Lee's triangular wooden mounting plates.

Today I was setting up some Easton aluminum arrows, some had to be cut to length and I used a little Milwaukee tubing cutter that worked really well and then cleaned up the inside of the cut with a Lyman metallic case mouth chamfer tool so to glue the inserts.

I did some new fletching on some of the Eastons going from the old long plastics to the 2 inch Blazers with a Bohning fletching tool mounted on the Frankford Arsenal stand, I kind of have my doubts that they will stabilize the aluminums but I have been told by those that have tried them they will work so we shall see.

Al

001.JPG

005.JPG

003.JPG

• Like 3

jealous of the man cave.  they definitely should.  turbulent air along the shaft doesn't do anything but create drag.  most of the old vane surface is there.  blazers have that different profile to make more of the vane do more work.  i put them on with a full/maximum helical and think they'll stabilize just about anything with just 3 vanes.  4 blade Muzzy included.

• Like 1