Trying to learn

CoffeeBoy

If anyone here traps in the Albany/Saratoga area and wouldn't mind showing a newbie the ropes, please PM me.

I took the safety course, just haven't purchased the license yet. I was just hoping to tag along with someone while they checked their line and help out to the best of my ability in an effort to learn a bit.

Thanks. Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I sincerely hope you find someone to mentor you. It can be rewarding on many levels. You might try finding a couple of "general stores" or diners where the old-timers drink coffee and chat. Maybe go to some fur auctions after this season and make some friends.

Trapping is not inherently difficult to do, but it's not easy to learn either. It's mostly a matter of learning how to get stuff done when you're soaking wet, numb to the bone, exhausted from snow-shoeing, able to accept the fact that others will steal your gear, the general public hates what you do, and the reward at the end of a tough day is hours of skinning, fleshing, and stretching hides. If it was easy the folks in D.C. would be doing it.