Doe's ears trimmed

Buckstopshere

i assume you've gotten enough pictures that show they're stubby and not just pinned back given you posted another one from the side.  i'm going with frostbite. i've seen it happen with cattle and other animals.  it not that common but whatever this deer did given its situation it got frostbite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

i assume you've gotten enough pictures that show they're stubby and not just pinned back given you posted another one from the side.  i'm going with frostbite. i've seen it happen with cattle and other animals.  it not that common but whatever this deer did given its situation it got frostbite.

Yep. She showed up early last fall, sporadically. At first I thought they were pinned back too. But she kept showing up. I've got other photos in storage...so many cams and photos...hard to find them of her. Frostbite seems logical too. But why no others? Ever?

38 minutes ago, Buckstopshere said:

Yep. She showed up early last fall, sporadically. At first I thought they were pinned back too. But she kept showing up. I've got other photos in storage...so many cams and photos...hard to find them of her. Frostbite seems logical too. But why no others? Ever?

i don't know about ever.  i've seen it before and with other animals.  maybe an abnormality where ears are thinner than normal? in cattle it can happen when young or fighting illness (lower circulation and less able to regulate temperature).