Long Island Field Trial

To those of you interested the Long Island Pointing Dog club is having a field trial on May 14, and 15 at Sarnoff Preserve in Riverhead. The info is on the AKC website. I am not a member of this club but I am entering my dogs and would like to see a good trial. It will be a pleasure not to have to travel far for a trial for once.

mm

To far for me, but I would add that it is Navhda testing season so if anyone is interested in a type of dog or even just want's to see dog's work, look up Navhda and find a test in your area. Its a treat to watch dogs work. I am running my dog Gus on the 21st at my local chapter in the NA test, and we have 10 NA dogs for day one, I think 5 for day two and one UT dog, can't wait!

Sorry I had to scratch my dog was in heat and I thought she would wrap up by then but did not. It never fails I have to drive all over the east coast to trial and finally there is one by the house and she is in heat. She is finishing up and I am hoping to go to PA for the trial at freeland Kennel club this saturday. Then to Polk PA for mermorial day weekend trial and then last one for the season in Exter RI then nothing until sept when hunting season starts. Its lots of fun but lots of driving.

mm

I am running my dog Gus on the 21st at my local chapter in the NA test, and we have 10 NA dogs for day one, I think 5 for day two and one UT dog, can't wait!

Just an update for my fellow dog guys, Gus came home with a Prize 3, scored 86. He is "gun sensitive" but did very well despite that, untill the track that is. The Retriver club was running a test at the same time and in the same spot as us so having gun blast's going off when he was set to do the track was the worst thing for him. It was frustrating because the track portion was his best part in training. He had his tail tucked and was in no shape for any thing when it was his turn.

The rest of the field did well, day one saw 6 NA prize one, 2 prize 3, and 2 no prize, day two had 4 NA prize one and the UT dog got a prize 3. I think every one had a blast, I know I did.