Student walkout over guns poses balancing act for schools

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/schools-brace-massive-student-walkouts-gun-violence-53665893

Sad how they lack real depth in their thinking that the problem is just guns. 

The major root causes of gun violence are the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs, and the failed mental health system.  When was the last time the students had a walk out calling for more illegal drug control?  When was the last time the students had a walk out calling for fixing the failed mental health system? 

More “Gun Control” is best explained with the true statement that “Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results”.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, G-Man said:

There is no common sense education.  Most students are using as an excuse to skip school.. that's it. 

Yup, we had 3 students in our building ask to do it. I'm really hoping that there is a pro gun protest that allows pro gun students to do the same. The way our district put it was if we let one side "protest" then we have to let the other side as well. I have had kids ask about it and explain why they are protesting and they are appalled. We don't have many anti's in our rural district so not many protesting.

I want to add if they are all going outside how is that not a safety issue? I mean a mass of students standing outside would be easy pickings for any wanna-be school shooter. Not to mention there is a map that tells you what districts are doing it and where they are meeting.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1