Woodworking

NYBowhunter

Mine aren't as intricate as yours but I tackled the addition on my home mostly by myself. Had some buddies  help me set 2nd story walls so the amish could set the trusses and put the metal roof on. One thing that torqued my shorts a little was when they set the trusses they didn't plumb the walls very well so  attaching interior walls was difficult but I managed. Everything in Tyvek was added we went from 1600 sq.ft. cape to 3000 sq.ft. "farmhouse" as my wife wants to call it. 

The Bathroom is the master bath, I'll have to see if I can find some of the other stuff. We have been doing pallet accents around the house. I did a small built in out of pallet wood and will have a few floating shelves made from pallet wood. Her decor them is farm house. Looking back I would have liked to moved the vanities to the other side of the bathroom and added a window or 2 instead of just one in the corner. either way we have a ton of natural light from the master bedroom.

20170929_163225.jpg

20170929_163324.jpg

Resized952018022195083019956565.jpg

Resized952018022195083039952140.jpg

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

Another quick project that we needed, antler coat rack. Figured I would use some of my smaller racks from my father, FIL and myself from previous years. My FIL was just going to throw them out when he was moving so I grabbed them to make different projects.

20170328_173310.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Another quick project that we needed, antler coat rack. Figured I would use some of my smaller racks from my father, FIL and myself from previous years. My FIL was just going to throw them out when he was moving so I grabbed them to make different projects.

20170328_173310.jpg

Awesome coat rack, i may need to make one. Thats cool!!!

54 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Mine aren't as intricate as yours but I tackled the addition on my home mostly by myself. Had some buddies  help me set 2nd story walls so the amish could set the trusses and put the metal roof on. One thing that torqued my shorts a little was when they set the trusses they didn't plumb the walls very well so  attaching interior walls was difficult but I managed. Everything in Tyvek was added we went from 1600 sq.ft. cape to 3000 sq.ft. "farmhouse" as my wife wants to call it. 

The Bathroom is the master bath, I'll have to see if I can find some of the other stuff. We have been doing pallet accents around the house. I did a small built in out of pallet wood and will have a few floating shelves made from pallet wood. Her decor them is farm house. Looking back I would have liked to moved the vanities to the other side of the bathroom and added a window or 2 instead of just one in the corner. either way we have a ton of natural light from the master bedroom.

20170929_163225.jpg

20170929_163324.jpg

Resized952018022195083019956565.jpg

Resized952018022195083039952140.jpg

Outstanding! Is that floor tile?

2 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Awesome coat rack, i may need to make one. Thats cool!!!

Thanks, make sure and pre drill holes into the antlers. The antlers are super hard but brittle so if you don't pre drill you will snap off screws and possibly crack the antler. These were smaller so I had to be careful where I drilled so it didn't crack above the burr.

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Outstanding! Is that floor tile?

Thanks, it is actually luxury vinyl plank. Really easy to work with, score and snap. I used my flooring saw around the edges. I ran it under the tub enclosure just a little so I didn't have to put trim across the bottom. It looks nice  for vinyl flooring and is waterproof which is a plus for a bathroom. This was actually some cheap stuff from grossman's bargain outlet we wanted to try it first to see if we liked it before commiting to something that was $4 sq.ft. or more.

The framing pictures show the great room upstairs, the copper manifold is for all the water lines I'm running for the house 3 baths with a few extras, the sideways pictures show the downstairs living room. The ceiling is getting all shiplap whitewashed for the great room and the entire downstairs. The 2nd story floor was built 19" on center so unless I put up some sort of purlins it will also be all shiplap whitewash. Should look nice all said and done, BTW I broke ground last April and worked on it all summer and most of hunting season. The stipulation with the wife was no hunting until the 2nd story was done (drywall, painted and with flooring) well they were finished 2nd week of bow.

20170808_183851.jpg

20170808_183917.jpg

20180210_165431.jpg

20180325_210726.jpg

20180325_210736.jpg

20180325_210747.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chas0218 said:

Thanks, make sure and pre drill holes into the antlers. The antlers are super hard but brittle so if you don't pre drill you will snap off screws and possibly crack the antler. These were smaller so I had to be careful where I drilled so it didn't crack above the burr.

Thx for that tip

• Like 1