Television Disposal In Your Town??

Lawdwaz

Best Buy will take them, see below:

Accepted at Best Buy Stores
Recycling is intended for residents only. Products from businesses and organizations, or items that present a health or safety hazard are not accepted.

Products We Recycle for Free

Limit three items per household per day.

• - Battery Backups (UPS)*
  • - Cables and Connectors*
  • - DirecTV Set-Top Box/Converters
  • - DVD/Blu-ray Players
  • - Headphones*
  • - In-Dash/Overhead DVD
  • - Internet TV Set-Top Box/Satellite Receivers
  • - Portable DVD*
  • - Portable Media Players
  • - Power Inverters*
  • - Projectors
  • - Remotes/Surge Protectors
  • - TiVO
  • - TV Antennas less than 3' long
  • - VCRs
  • - Wall Mounts

Products We Recycle for a $25 Fee per Item

Limit two TVs per household per day.

• - Tube TVs smaller than 32"
  • - Flat Panel TVs: LCD, Plasma, LED
    smaller than 50"
  • - Portable TVs
Products with an asterisk (*) are also accepted at Best Buy Mobile Stores. There are no store drop-off fees in California. Stores in Connecticut and Pennsylvania do not accept TVs for drop-off.

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

I always thought it was mandatory. I worked in a town recycling yard here on Long Island for 20 yrs. before I transferred out they started take in all electronics. We even had to set up and certify workers to handle hazardous waste.

i looked it up and found this:

The New York State Solid Waste Management Act of 1988, signed into law by Governor Mario M. Cuomo, required municipalities to adopt local laws or ordinances requiring the separation and segregation of recyclable or reusable materials from solid waste by no later than September 1, 1992.Sep 1, 2017

The good old days......... :)

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

If you are in Ontario County:https://ontariocountyrecycles.org/BusinessDirectoryII.aspx?lngBusinessCategoryID=35

Manufacturer's Takeback Program

Did you know that under the New York State (NYS) law, manufacturers must provide a convenient and free process for folks to recycle their electronic waste? (Note: Manufacturers are not only required to accept their own brand of electronic equipment for recycling, they are also required to accept one piece of electronic waste of any manufacturer's brand if offered by a consumer with the purchase of electronic equipment, covered by the law of the same type by a consumer.) Consumers can use DEC's list of electronic equipment manufacturers registered in NYS, to find manufacturers, their brands electronic equipment covered by the law, and their electronic waste acceptance program websites and contact information.

Livingston County:    https://www.livgov.com/dpw/Pages/household_hazardous_collection.aspx

Livingston County, Michigan

3 minutes ago, steve863 said:

What difference does that make?  We thought you were simply looking for a place that will take your old TV?

First thing, read the opening post on this thread.

Second, yes I will have a TV to get rid of at some point but wanted to know how other members here got rid of there stuff.  Seems paying for it is becoming the most common way these days.

First thing, read the opening post on this thread.
Second, yes I will have a TV to get rid of at some point but wanted to know how other members here got rid of there stuff.  Seems paying for it is becoming the most common way these days.

For you guys/gals near Syracuse. I heard an advertisement on the radio that there was going to be a drop off set up there in the area. IIRC was a 4 TV limit.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

North Hempstead NY checking in. We have a STOP program where you can bring it to the dump a couple of sundays a month. I think if you bring too much crap at once they make you drive onto a scale and pay a tipping fee but for a singe tv or computer you just toss it onto the heap.

My office building also pays a service to come a few times a year to clear our electronic flotsam and jetsam