Old Bushnell Scopechief IV

I am always scanning ebay for good deals on scopes and came across this old ad from the sixties for the short lived oddball Bushnell Scopechief that was mounted by using two hardened studs instead of a scope base, mounts attached to the bottom of the scope slipped over the stud and were tightened. It also had a command post reticle that could be flipped up from using plain crosshairs for heavy cover use. Yours truly was the proud owner of said "Turkey" and had it mounted on a brand new Remington 660 243. While I had no problems with that setup I think it may have had a tough time standing up under heavy recoil as it was only on the market for a very short time and sold poorly. I remember the old timer gunsmith that mounted it for me looking at me like I was crosseyed for buying it LOL!  I killed quite a few chucks with it and a couple of deer but in the end the whole outfit went down the road in a trade a few years later. I forgot all about that old scope, a blast from the past that brought back a few good memories and at the time being wet behind the ears I thought it was a great idea but no so much today.:negative:

5acfea4063d8a_s-l1600(14).thumb.jpg.9e1de286f7f168547371cc67e0c7bda5.jpg

• Like 1