Long range scope opinions

Anyone here shoot long range(over 500 yards)? Im looking at the Burris Veracity in either 3-15×50 or 4-20×50. Questions is if im shooting out to 1000 yards do i need more than 15x? This is also my deer rifle so im leaning towards the 3-15, however i have a 3.5-10 on it now so i probably just answered my own question. Go with the 4-20?...

Edited by Gencountyzeek

That round is pretty flat shooting you should be able to have no problem shooting passed 500 with it if it shoots that good at 300 ..I like my vortex scopes for long range shooting I do have a couple rifles with Nikon bdc 800 scopes all are good for shooting out to 1000yards farthest I've shot was 875yards at a 16 inch steel gong it is cool how long it takes to here the report of the hit 

I have a vortex viper 6-24x50 with the side focus on my Mossberg mvp 223 varmint I paid little over 500 for the scope when I bought it clear as day even zoomed all the way in u just gotta remember to adjust the side focus for the yardage u are ahooting

IMG_20180523_210731.jpg

Edited by silent death

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My 1000yd play gun has a Leopold mark 4 4.5-14. No need for anything over 15x unless shooting prairie dogs at ridiculous distances. Most of my long range shooting in the Corps was done with a 3-12x Schmidt and bender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had to  zoom passed 14 power unless I was spotting for somebody 

• Like 1