NY State WHIP program?

My buddy that I hunt on his land did the wetlands program.  And it worked out pretty well.  But you can't after just clear cut or do anything you want with the land.  They let him keep the trails he had cause it was kinda grandfathered years ago. But the place is almost unhuntable if it wasn't for those trails.  

They came in with a bunch of equipment and really went to town making ponds and swamp land.  Made for some nice duck hunting area for sure.  

They did a bunch of work in the same area and used his place as a base for operations for a while.  This was in .Madison county.  But he can hunt, walk his horses etc.  But he couldn't clear out an area or plant etc.  They do stop and check once in a while. 

He does have some flooding issues with beavers from time to time. But can have trappers on there too and that has helped.

Dunno if it's the same exact program but it worked out for him.  

Me and another guy hunt it and man is it the brushiest place ever but it does have deer.