Winter Rye

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thanks yes they will hit it hard. Last year they hit it hard up until the week before October when all the throw & grow was demolished.

0012a7f21c87d23806c4f7729b08413f.jpg

So I’m hoping something that keeps them in this good bow spot for an extra week or so will be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could always plant a few weeks before bow season opener.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea that’s why I’m thinking the weekend of 9/15 - 9/16

Might be worth dropping some of those trees next year and planting something bigger too.  If you stick with clover, wheat/rye and brassicas, you probably could get a decent plot with some sunlight, spraying, fertilizing and seeding.  Just a thought.  I too am learning but have spent time reading this year and asking questions.

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thanks yes they will hit it hard. Last year they hit it hard up until the week before October when all the throw & grow was demolished.

0012a7f21c87d23806c4f7729b08413f.jpg&key=0430a1dacd38379ed8a809dd0cbedc28e1b57360db680a9d4a5d9b351d3e629b

So I’m hoping something that keeps them in this good bow spot for an extra week or so will be perfect. This spot also has the most acorns in the surrounding 80+ acres too.

Plant 2 1/2  weeks before the opener and preferably before it rains and  by the opener you should atleast have the sprouts  emerge, that should work for you. Hopefully it attracts that brute,  best of luck. Wouldnt hurt to throw down a few bags of pelletized lime and a bag of fertilizer. I have laid down lime, fertilizer and seed all in one day with great success. 

Might be worth dropping some of those trees next year and planting something bigger too.  If you stick with clover, wheat/rye and brassicas, you probably could get a decent plot with some sunlight, spraying, fertilizing and seeding.  Just a thought.  I too am learning but have spent time reading this year and asking questions.

I’m worried about messing with the area too much. It seems to be the money spot. We got three 2.5’s Killed there combined in 2 years and hopefully one of these bigger guys soon. I had a good chance last year but couldnt get a shot .

• Like 1

Plant 2 1/2  weeks before the opener and preferably before it rains and  by the opener you should atleast have the sprouts  emerge, that should work for you. Hopefully it attracts that brute,  best of luck. Wouldnt hurt to throw down a few bags of pelletized lime and a bag of fertilizer. I have laid down lime, fertilizer and seed all in one day with great success. 

Thx. That deer is from last year but my journal has this year’s bucks there already. I laid a bunch of fast acting lime 2 years ago so that may have helped me grow stuff