hunting buddys

jpastor1759

It sure works out that way, I also lost my hunting buddy about 12 years ago and just not found another that wanted to hunt and fish.  I would suggest you consider

Walden rod and gun club, great bunch of people and they have both gun and bow. I was a member years ago. I now live in upstate Oneonta NY. I find I go out by myseld and not much open land to hunt here all posted. Unless your family they do not want to allow you to hunt. So I walk out the back door and havw 28 acreas that run up to a big mountain. I see a few deer and am not the hunter I use to be ( Now going on 70 )I just go out for 3 hours each morning and the last 3 hours...I no longer use tree stands, but have several man made ground blinds with plastic chairs in the blinds. My wife says I love the hunt but no longer will be out there in the rain and snow. I would love to find a locval hunt club that wants older member to join in the fellowship. I killed a lot of deer in my life time and now let them pass unless it a very large buck, the last two season I sure have not seen a lot of good horns. But had a big doe lay down against my blind last year and take a nap.

Bill

That's a shame about up state land, I would have thought it would be more open. I have thought about finding a club, I used to live in pine bush and was going to join walden. Then we moved I was thinking about trying to join chester but dont know anybody, I will have to start going to there 3d shoots to meet people. I would think any club would want a older member, there has to be great story's. I know I learned a great deal about the outdoors from my grand pa.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you live in Greenwood Lake...you should be hunting Sterling Forest...it's just over the hill from you.

I used to love hunting those woods. Sadly, I moved further east and hunt on the CT state border now.

Where in Putnam County, you hunt?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Where in Putnam County, you hunt?

This year I didn't get my license, first time in 20 years. I started up on Cranberry mountain when we first moved here and have since been going to Ninham Mountain. The previous season was pretty good for me...did well on small game, scared a huge buck on opening day (dropped my chair while bringing the shotgun up) and saw 3 Bobcats just before their season started. Was good excersize and I was bringing home lunch pretty regular. Just got too wrapped up this year and didn't get to go. But will be back for 2012 season!

You have seen bobcats at Cranberry or Ninham? I wasn't that lucky...:-)

Ninham...saw the first one up on the moutain walking on a rainy morning and then the other two come out of a hollowed tree a few hundred yards from the big parking area you come to on the right side of the road. All were very healthy it was just the season didn't start till the 25th...and this was on the 24th. Annoying, but pretty neat to see.

• 7 months later...