Foiles goes to jail

5.9cummins

Your right  Eddie....but glad he got nailed..I'd like to know what happened to the other hunters though...or was he just thrown under the bus because for publicity..

Now think hard on this...because it is absolutely no different...and ticks  me...

How many times have any of you or just plain known guys ....that take deer on someones.... other than their own tag ...Oh and let me nip what I know is coming...NO I don't mean the ones you can legally transfer...by the way A HEAD OF TIME...not after the fact....and No I really don't expect self incrimination  :D ....Just think about it when when drawing and quartering someone for stupidity and greed

Your right  Eddie....but glad he got nailed..I'd like to know what happened to the other hunters though...or was he just thrown under the bus because for publicity..

Now think hard on this...because it is absolutely no different...and ticks  me...

How many times have any of you or just plain known guys ....that take deer on someones.... other than their own tag ...Oh and let me nip what I know is coming...NO I don't mean the ones you can legally transfer...by the way A HEAD OF TIME...not after the fact....and No I really don't expect self incrimination  :D ....Just think about it when when drawing and quartering someone for stupidity and greed

I struggled with turning a guy in for a long time, the son of a good friend but consistantly shot 3-4 bucks a year on other peoples tags. Ultimatly i looked at what i would want my kids to see and take away from the situation. I am seting the example for 3 kids this guy sets the example for thousands (and yes there parents should have more influence than him but sadly he is a hunting icon). I am sorry but i feel that those in the lime lite should set the highest standard. Regardless of how bad there infraction may be i have no problem with making an "example" out of him.

I'm torn on the issue of the severity here. I know he influences people and his actions set an example far beyond any "ma and pop." However since when does fame mean a forfeiture of the rights to a unbiased litigation (by biased I mean a stronger punishment than most).

I just kind of thought everyone is supposed to be equal under the eyes of the law. It is disheartening to hear about politicians, stars, teachers,and anyone else in the public eye doing something wrong, but they are "held to a higher standard" and therefore get a hammer dropped on them when caught.

RIIIGHT! A person with prior convictions (unless of a specifically similar type) is given a fair shake and his history is inadmissible in court.  Just food for thought. I suppose their fame and fortune or position also helps them get away with stuff at times, so maybe that's whats factored in. I'm no expert, just provoking thought.