Redfield Revolution Scope

wolc123

The Redfield Revolution scope was great on the range, when I finally got around to sighting it in.   The click adjustments moved the point of impact almost exactly as they should (1/4" at 100 yards).  After getting it dialed in, I fired one last 2-shot "group" from 100 yards with my hunting ammo (Hornady SST's).   Initially, I thought one of them missed the paper, but closer examination showed the single hole was actually two holes, with their centers 3/8" apart.    My average 100 yard group size, with that ammo and the old 4X Bushnell Banner scope, had been about 2" over the years.   I really like having the 7X option to see what the gun/ammo can really do.  I always leave variable power scopes on the lowest setting while hunting however, to take advantage of the wider field of view because there is nothing worse than not finding the deer fast when you look thru the scope.   

During the final, pre-season sight-in, around Labor day, I will see what it can do at 200 yards, and also see if there is any shift in point of impact between the 2X and 7X magnifications.   I would also like to see how it does in low-light situations (The day I sighted it in was very bright).    So far, so good though, and I can't recall having an easier time sighting in with another scope. This Marlin bolt-action shotgun is very simple to bore-site, by just pulling the bolt and looking thru the bore at the target, while the gun is in the rest, then dialing the scope to the same spot.  That put the first shot (with an old, odd-ball sabot) on the paper at 50 yards.  It took less than half the ammo to get this one sighted in than it did to get my fiber-optic open sights in on my Marlin lever-action 30/30.   Good thing it did, since these 12 gauge sabots cost many times more than each of those 150 gr 30/30 rounds.   I am not fond of pissing away cash on the range.     

• Like 1