NY Record Book Gobblers

The book project has been on hiatus for a long period while I started a tech company. It will be a large book over 400 pages.

For those that I have contacted or attempted to contact at the beginning of the project: Your stories will be available to review as I complete them. For those I have attempted to schedule an interview, I will be imposing a deadline July 15th to put this edition on track for publishing. That said, should you change your mind I would be more than happy to include in future editions as I want this to be a positive endeavor and share your stories for readers to gleam and learn from. If you haven't been interviewed and would like to be included, please contact me, I would love to include as many as possible that met the original score criteria. 

The placings have shifted some, however I am still going by my original list as what was unique and noteworthy then still is of course. I am working toward a late 2019/ early 2020 book release. There will be future editions as records are broken and those I attempted to include, catch up with the project. The more hunters that come on board that I originally sought to interview, the better.

Any record book gobblers bagged in NY during the 2018-2019 spring/fall seasons? or years prior? If your bird meets the following scoring criteria, I would love to talk to you about being included in the book!

Note: Non registered birds- measurable attributes  must be verified  for consideration.

Typical score greater than  75.000  (weight x1 + beard x 2 + L & R spur x 10)

Non-Typical score greater than  105.000  (weight x1 + beard(s) x 2 + L & R spur x 10)

Weight greater than 26.5 lbs. (verifiable certified weight)

Beard Length greater than 12" (verifiable length)

Spur Length greater than 1.625" (verifiable length)

Please contact: [email protected]

http://www.nylimbhangers.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Empire-State-Limb-Hangers-139342609441424/ 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mowin said:

Look forward to the book. I've taken several over the yrs that would qualify.  

Good luck with the book. :drinks:

If you have gobblers that meet the current criteria we can certainly do an interview for inclusion. I am including NWTF registered birds and non registered birds. They do need to be verifiable. Weight is the tough one as few are hung on certified scales or even accurate scales. 

1 hour ago, mookyj said:

If you have gobblers that meet the current criteria we can certainly do an interview for inclusion. I am including NWTF registered birds and non registered birds. They do need to be verifiable. Weight is the tough one as few are hung on certified scales or even accurate scales. 

I don't save my beards or Spurs, so there's no way to verify. The only one I had mounted was destroyed in a house fire. 25#, 1 1/2" Spurs, 3 beards.  8.25", 4.50", 3".  I moved on that bird 5 times, and finally got him at 11:40.  

40 minutes ago, rjrdomer said:

I took a 92.0 point bird in 2011, had 3 beards...but I guess that's below your criteria.

There are only 12 atypical birds in NY greater than 105 and 14 greater than 75 with the NWTF.  Are you limiting your book to just 26 entries?

there are more when adding weight, spurs and or beards. Tell me more on yours as I am cutting off interviews this summer and may entertain good stories that are below the current criteria. As it is it will be a large book 

Just now, ODYSSEUS said:

I have never scored any of my 48 Longbeards out of the 118 Turkeys.  My best Spurs are just a smidge over 1 1/2"s though and a nice personal Trophy.

1-1/2 spurs goes a long way to putting a big total score

• Like 1