Almost ready

Water Rat

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Make any waxed dirt for canines ?

Yes actually. I made enough for this year and maybe next year too. There was a week during the summer when it was in the mid 90’s around here. Perfect time for making it. Just have to watch out for pop up thunderstorms that can ruin everything. 

• Like 1

Simply boil water with log wood dye (crystals are better) , add rusty traps , simmer for about an hour and hang up to dry. Then boil wax (very carefully ) and dip them in until the trap heats up. Then hang to dry. Keep foreign odors away from them. Then store them until needed ( I use plastic totes ).  I’m sure you can find plenty of information online that can provide more detail than I could explain. What is in the picture are foothold traps and drags. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Simply boil water with log wood dye (crystals are better) , add rusty traps , simmer for about an hour and hang up to dry. Then boil wax (very carefully ) and dip them in until the trap heats up. Then hang to dry. Keep foreign odors away from them. Then store them until needed ( I use plastic totes ).  I’m sure you can find plenty of information online that can provide more detail than I could explain. What is in the picture are foothold traps and drags. Hope this helps. 

Ha, don't throw hot waxed traps in to plastic tote like I once did. Didn't turn out so well for hot steel in plastic tote.

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Ha, don't throw hot waxed traps in to plastic tote like I once did. Didn't turn out so well for hot steel in plastic tote.

I forgot to mention to let it cool overnight    Lol.   Guess we all learn the hard way sometimes right turkeyfeathers ? Let me tell you about the crackhead move I did yesterday. I went to unhook my propane tank when I was done . So instead of unhooking the regulator from the tank , I unhooked the hot pipe thread barehanded from the air shutter. Burnt the shit out of my thumb. Won’t do that again. Lol