Crossbow tease

Borngeechee

Again ... Mfgers spec their Xbow as A-A width, cocked & uncocked. Confusion arises with NYS DEC law mandating min overall with as outside of limbs, NOT Axle to Axle. So .. You'll never know until you get one in hand with a tape measure. What I found a few years ago when shopping for Xbows was many models advertised with A-A widths of in the range or 14-15" actually met the DEC min width req.

FYI - Current Ten Point Xbow models like the Titan or Turbo may well meet the DEC's requirement. Some other models do not look like they would comply! My gut-feel is any model with an advertised A-A width <~13" probably will not comply here in NY. Sure 10pt's customer service receives calls from NY'ers all the time about this spec confusion, give 'em a call if you're truly serious. Or a trip to BassPro with a tape measure in  hand.

What Ten Point did,  was offer their left over inventory of the Titan and the Turbo GT to all their New York Dealers.  They have recently run out however there may be dealers that still have some left. 

I am not sure what they are going to do next year.

I bought my 10pt Turbo in 2014. So the model has been around at least that long & assuming a good seller. Can't imagine it disappearing, but marketing dictated this not my opinion!

Same generally applies to compound bows as for Xbows, you do NOT need the latest or greatest in the 200# &/or 400fps bow to kill deer in NYS. Esp with the $$ of some of the newest Xbow models!!!!

The Turbo was first introduced in 2010.  Both the Turbo and the Titan have been  2 of Ten Points biggest sellers.  You are correct about the marketing aspects of these 2 bows not being offered anymore.  The demand in the crossbow world wants speed and more narrow  compact bows.