LF some help for Goose

Rev Ev

Being new to the area, and not much experience shooting geese, I was wondering any any of y'all might want to have a tag along on one of your hunts. Just looking to get into some birds and learn about it. The only birds I have hunted have been upland. PM me if you got any info.

Any luck?

I used to do a fair amount of early goose hunting up in Niagara County but it's been probably 10 years or so since I last went. I spent plenty of time cruising around and knocking on doors trying to get permission. I had a few pretty good farms up on Aiken Rd, Rt 31 and Bear Ridge Rd.

I'd go in a heartbeat if I was invited but my days of pounding the pavement for a farm are dwindling! I'll bring a some full bodied dekes and the coffee!

Look for cut fields with GEESE in them!!

Seriously, look for small flocks plunked down in a field; hay, oats, winter wheat, pretty soon cut corn also.

As far as blinds go, it doesn't take much to pull the wool over their eyes. Get a dozen and a half dekes out and flag them in!

The really big thing is to have a field that they are feeding in NOW. If you can spot them on a field in late morning, they'll probably be back late in the afternoon and/or the next morning. Ride around close to dusk, look for flocks flying and follow them to the spot they are feeding in. Two people in the car/truck makes this safer. <grin>