New Bow - Question on Carbon Arrows and nocks

screamon demon

So I have a somewhat stupid question. I bought a new bow this year and I have been firing arrows almost everyday. I bought a dozen Mayheim Carbon Express arrows. Yesterday I noticed that my nocks are not glued in at all. I can spin them with ease and even had one fall out.

I had been shooting an older bow with aluminum arrows for 20 years. This new equipment is all new to me. I wanted to ask on here (somewhat humbly) if these nocks are normal?

Thanks

I havent heard of gluing nocks in place in a looooong time. They should be pressed in and remain pretty snug. If they are coming loos or spinning easily they need to be replaced, a loose knock will effect accuracy and worse a dry fire. Heck even years ago when I shot aluminum xx75 you got a nock tool to align the nock with the vanes.

I dont glue my nocks in. If they spin easily or fall out easily, buy some new ones and put them in. They are fairly cheap.

The reason I dont glue them is because nocks get broken sometimes and are easily replaced. If you glue them, and break them, the arrow is shot.

Using carbon arrows, if you glue in the nock, your out that arrow if the nock breaks.