Be careful tomorrow NZ

RangerClay

The weather girl in Watertown is calling for rain and 40mph gusts. I treestand is no place to be in that kind of weather. I'm going out just to make sure my ground blind doesn't fly away.

I know everyone is anxious to get out there but remember we have loved ones at home that need us.

Edited by RangerClay

They are having a hunting camp time for trad archers this weekend and I sure wished I was able to go but with that type of weather I may enjoy the baseball playoff or football on tv and stay dry. Till I hear of all the fun of a bunch of guys hunting together and the meals that about 12 guys had the wifes put together. It is not about the amount of deer taken just old and new friends getting together in a sport all they love.

Last year, one of my gun stands was crushed flat by a fallen 24" diameter dead tree just a few days into the season. Glad I wasn't in that stand. Funny thing is that I was in that stand one of the days before when we had some pretty heavy winds. I guess I'm just lucky.