3N

drwost

wow, another 3N member? thought I was the only one. Where do you hunt?

My Dad and I both got 2 3N doe permits each. We never usually use them though.

i usually spend time at California hill or Big Buck. I think I may spend more time at Big Buck this year? How about you guys?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hunting 3N for a long time. I live in L.I. and it's the closest place, for me, where you can hunt small game with a .22 instead of a shotgun!

I'm a bowhunter but I'll take out the .44 or the .54 during the gun season.

When I could only hunt on weekends I would hunt the archery only properties in 3N and 3S to avoid all the idiots with guns!

Now I only hunt during the week and usually have the place all to myself. But I do pick up trash from the slob weekenders!

I've been successful a few times over the years but I'm far from being a threat to the local deer population. I've convinced myself that it's all about 'the hunt' and not 'the kill'. That way I don't feel so bad when I'm left with only 'tag soup'!

Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been out five times in several different areas of Putnam and have only seen three deer in the woods! A doe with a fawn and then a four point that I let walk for another year or so. No mast (except s few beechnuts),no rubs,no scrapes,no trails = NO DEER !!!!

I think they're all hitting the green in peoples back yards. I hope the rut gets them on the move.