Turnip / Broccoli Rabe food plot update

Was able to get up this weekend and work on the fall food plot, I disked the soil, added about 260 lbs of lime and 50lbs of fertilizer and harrowed that all in the ground...oh almost forgot to mention we took out 3 loader bucket full of rocks...that was the hard part. Then we planted 3/4 of the plot in purple top turnips and 1/4 of the plot in Broccoli Rabe. Thank god on Saturday night it poured, see what happens in couple of weeks. The other two plots of clover and chickory are looking real good, very thick with clover and the mowings every two weeks are keeping them lush and choking out the weeds. Sorry no pictures of the turnip plot just yet.

I walked turnips over the corn ...the turkeys all but destroyed >:( ...and the lowere soybean plots and Sucraseed trails...That was Friday and rain...hot..humid!!! Well I checked Sunday afternoon and they were up..some an in high already! :) ...I'll have to get a pic of my bramble patch...told Mr.B. I'll have to be very careful...loaded with berries and you can't see 3ft infront of you...and it's 6-8 feet tall...the whole acre.

I walked turnips over the corn ...the turkeys all but destroyed >:( ...and the lowere soybean plots and Sucraseed trails...That was Friday and rain...hot..humid!!! Well I checked Sunday afternoon and they were up..some an in high already! :) ...I'll have to get a pic of my bramble patch...told Mr.B. I'll have to be very careful...loaded with berries and you can't see 3ft infront of you...and it's 6-8 feet tall...the whole acre.

Sounds like a good place to go grocery shopping.  :P

That's dedication in the heat & humidity.

Figured I would start early like 8am to beat the heat, it figures I picked the hottest day of the year. Even starting that early I was sweating bullets while picking up the rocks, Thank God my father drove the tractor and all I had to do was toss them in the bucket. But after the 2nd loader full and the heat I was getting tired. Well I got r' done. Lets just hope now.