How did you do

Lunkerbass21

This wind is a killer...well NOT!...lol...... slept in this am and finished canning...waited until 4:30 pm to hit stand for the afternoon hunt and had 5 doe and fawn 50yrds away walk in ..directly down wind in heavy gusts...they just all stood there and after 35min...turned and walk back the way they came....about then a high racked 6or 8 started to run to my right going behind me about 70yards away ...I gave a grunt and he stopped dead...we both waited a minute or so and I grunted again...he turned and ran back to where the does headed....They are all spooked up between the wind and every body and their brother wondering the woods...so far I've learned 2 things...leave all and any scents home...over used in the woods already and don't bother grunting ...until they are way more hormonal impaired...that's been over done already..may try the small buck decoy and rattle... I haven't heard rattling yet :unsure:

Went back to same stand this AM to see if i could catch that big buck i saw sunday return to bed. No luck but saw two 6's and couple does all out of range. Topped the day off in the PM with the 130ish 9 point that i posted cam pics of putting on a classic show. 15 minutes of rubbin, scrapin, lickin, and showin off just 30 yrds in front of me. Knew it was him from the first glimps and because we already put him on the future Booner list, i didn't even raise the bow and instead just enjoyed the show. May regret letting him walk. He looked even better in the flesh.

Went out this a.m. and hit a reliable stand ....at 7:30 a very young doe with pretty small single fawn walked in at 10yrds....she got a pass ....really looked like a 1 1/2 year old with fawn....then at 8am a nice big doe and twins came in half way between me and another stand they were 50yrds away ...she strolled off the property to next door swamp....looked up the lane way to see a huge deer head down coming out of the food plot 3 hundred yards away ....forgot field glasses so not sure on head gear...he headed for the swamp as well...should have gotten the fence up...I'll regret that...got home at 9am and started mowing....got most all the trails done and Dr'ed some others and took care of mowing leafs in yard and drive...had to beat the rain....good day or not....Hunting lease next door shot at least one 4pt..for they had to ask for retrieval permission from neighbor...and our son had a huge 8pt pop out infront of his truck a 1/2 mile from our place and run the middle up the road for 800ft in his high beams this morning...he said he saw 40 deer between his place and ours...bunch of them buck on his way to work.....

Edited by growalot

Ugh. Missed an dandy 8 point last night, he was eating apples for about 20 minutes before he showed himself, around 6:10 (I think), I snort wheezed at him, he stopped hard quartering away, and the freaking arrow hit the only teeny little dead pine branch I didn't trim. It was right on target too. At which point he ran 20 yards away, eventually wandered back and was eating apples until it was dark, and moved off. I don't think I'll get another shot at him out of that stand, unless I move it to a different angle.