11/01/11 Long Island Rabbit Opening Day!!!

bellmorekennels

sounds good dude im in. bow hunting is picking up quick by me. I had a very nice heavy horned 8 i let walk after i saw what my trail cam had on it the few nights before. I got a great buck working the area im in and i believe its only a matter of time until he shows up. i feel something is going down this weekend so im pumped!

my buddy shot a nice 8 sunday, we lost him and can not even find blood. Its upsetting but it happens. the shot was marginal and did not produce a dead deer that we found. hes been looking for days and i even took a half day to help him look on monday. In his search today he came across a monster buck working in at 12 noon while he was looking for his hit deer. so things are picking up like they should

For years we hunted one area in Ridge on state land,we would fill our bags every time out.Then they started building houses like crazy on the island,a lot of the people would get a young puppy that would start messing up the house,get POed and drop the dogs off in the woods,they became wild and started killing every thing they could to survive so there went the rabbit hunting.Glad to see it has built back up again.

Karp, thanks, I just along for the ride though, it is the dogs that do all the work!! Wasn't sure if I should post my miss or not, but that is part of hunting. Congrats on your daughter's birthday! Hopefully you and geno tag out soon, so we can get together before too much snow on ground. Maybe within the next few weeks , we get together with geno, and go for some appetizers or something at fridays or applebees.

Let me know what you think.