Best Climber for Crossbow

Never hunted out of a treestand in my life. Never needed it when hunting with a gun. After hunting from the ground with a crossbow, I think a treestand could help me. A climber would be ideal. Have 2 questions:

1. Which Summit to get? I'm 5'9" 170lbs. or another brand?

2. How do you lock your climber to a tree for a couple of days? The guys in the hunting camp I was with in PA, all locked their climbers to trees during their stay so they didnt have to carry them in and out each hunting session.

Thanks in advance.

summit viper.Get some grip tape like you use on a skateboard and stick it to the platform area.And get a millitary molle pack straps with the belt peice to replace the chincy carrying straps summits come with.You can get them of ebay for about 30 bucks.After you do that then you have about the best climber going.

here is an example.But you can get it off ebay cheaper.

http://www.forhuntersbyhunters.com/2010/07/molle-ii-gear-for-your-climber.html

I lock mine to the tree with a cable and paddle lock.

Edited by arrow nocker

Summit Viper SS if you get used, Viper SD is the new version of the SS. If you want more room, go with the Summit Goliath, which is just a slightly larger version of the Viper.

If you dont want to spend $300+ right now, keep an eye on Craigslist, I see them pop up from time to time, and bought mine either last year or the year before for $150ish.

From the looks of it the only difference between the viper sd and the viper sdc it that the sdc's aluminum is camo, it has upgraded backpack straps, and it cost $100 more. Personally I would go with viper sd. and if the 2 upgrades I didn't get really bothered me that much I would do them myself a whole lot cheaper.