about one more week to go

Red

about one more week to go and ill get my half a bear mount back from last years gun season i cant wait im getting really excited. i took one of my deer heads off the fire place last year to rearrange both of my deer heads together along with my 2 year olds first fish. since then my wife has used the spot above the fire place and now she doesnt want to give it up. maybe shell change her mind when i get my mount back wishful thinking lol.

• 3 weeks later...

i thought i had a week to go on my mount im sure its gonna be done very soon it would be pretty cool if its done tomorrow that would be exactly one year from the day i dropped it off im very anxious and excited i cant wait to see it he does such amazing work its well worth the wait.

its one of those old gas fire places thats been closed off for years now its just there for decoration plus the mantel comes in handy for her to hang all the holiday crap lol. waiting on work from the taxidermist is always very excitingthis summer when my son was 1.5 years old i took him fishing and took his first fish to get mounted a small blue gill i got it back in september he woke up from his nap and was very excited to see his fish hanging on the wall in between the deer he kept saying my fish my deer. it was priceless

i thought i had a week to go on my mount im sure its gonna be done very soon it would be pretty cool if its done tomorrow

Shawn, are you going by the return time that was given to you when you dropped the bear off ? have you called and talked to the taxidermist to see what the progress report is ?

Edited by Clifford

Shawn, are you going by the return time that was given to you when you dropped the bear off ? have you called and talked to the taxidermist to see what the progress report is ?

the original date was some time in october but i usually know its gonna take an extra month or two he gets really backed up. when i dropped off my bow buck from this year to have a european mount done he said he was a little behind and he was just finishing up last years deer that week and was starting all the bear and that mine would be donesome time around thanksgiving i keep checking my phone ever 30 minutes like a kid waiting for xmas lol. if i dont hear anything by monday im gonna give him a hollar.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty cool to see how excited you are about this. Please post pictures of the mount. I have plenty of bear around my camp just never shot one. When the day comes I want to do the right mount or rug.

im so excited even my wife and 2 year old son are excithttp://huntingny.com/forums/topic/7911-half-way-done/ed. i just started a new thread with a pic of it half done. she was a big sow.